Ver 3.5 range circles

Hiall,

Been on holidays for 3 months. Had my units fall over and tidying up my settings now. (Unfortunately lost all my precious recorded data with FA because new setups recorded when reconnected :frowning: ) Currently working both mutability and FA versions of 1.15 / 3.50. I have been trolling through trying to find the latest set up for range circles, which I have had working in previous versions. Indeed on SD card updated to current versions and still has working range circles etc. But having trouble setting up a new SD card with the correct settings. Just a link to the setting that will work with the latest 1.15 / 3.50 versions.

Jeff

HI,

I have noted there have been some changes to my previous settings used and appreciate as code changes, so does the script to maintain what has been developed.

Jeff

I am not at my home, so canā€™t answer after checking. Answering from memory.
If the dump 1090-mutability v1.15~dev was installed by Joe Procazkhaā€™s scripts, do this:

sudo nano /usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html/config.js

In file config.is, scroll down till you find a line
Metric="false; "

Remove quotes " " (but donā€™t remove the ; semi colon), so the line becomes
Metric=false;

Save the file config.js, and restart dump1090-mutability

sudo systemctl restart dump1090-mutability

Now clear cache of your browser, and reload/refresh the map in your browser, and hopefully you will see the range rings in **nautical miles ** 100, 200, and 250.

GOOD LUCK!

EDIT:
(1) Folder ā€œhtmlā€ was missing in command ā€œsudo nano /usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html/config.jsā€
Now I have added it.

(2) By default, there are 3 circles at 100, 150 & 200 nm. If you want to add more circles, go to following line in ā€œconfig.jsā€ and add numbers as shown in red.

SiteCirclesDistances = new Array(50,100,150,200,250,300);

Thanks my friend, I will let you all know how it goes. So many posts on this subject, but yours seem to be the most reliable. :slight_smile:

Jeff

Yep that worked, now to colourā€¦

Following are two OUT DATED threads for dump1090-mutability and for dump1090-fa.
These have become outdated due to changes made during upgrades in files:
ā€œ/usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html/script.jsā€
and
ā€œ/usr/share/dump1090-fa/html/script.jsā€.

If someone is aware of how to do it in latest versions of dump1090-mutability and dump1090-fa, it will help many if shared.

How To Get Alternating BLUE/RED Circles In Dump1090?

How To Get Blue/Red Circles In Piaware 3.1.0/dump1090-fa?

Yes, I can confirm they are outdated as particular script mentioned to search for are not there any more. :slight_smile:

Jeff

Updated method for colored circles for dump1090-mutability ver1.15~dev

#enter the html folder
cd /usr/share/dump1090-mutability/html/

#make a copy of script.js by the name script_orig.js before modifications.
#this way you will have a backup copy in case somrthing goes wrong.
sudo cp script.js script_orig.js

#open file script.js for editing
sudo nano script.js

The last command above will open the file ā€œscript.jsā€ for editing
Press Ctrl+w, then type siteCircle, then press Enter key. The cursor will jump to siteCircle.
Make changes as shown in red below, save the file and exit the editor.
Reload the Browser to see map with colored circles.

NOTE:
Forum is blocking me to post the code. Code below is a screenshot of Word file. Download the Word file containing code to facilitate copy-paste.
dropbox.com/s/0nwof781qem2h ā€¦ 0-mut.docx

https://s20.postimg.org/cel3hvccd/Color_Circles.png

Yay, another problem solved, thanks mystro. The dashed lines is a good upgrade to previous version. I did see some where someone added that little tweak, thanks :slight_smile: Now, the range limit lines that heywhatsthat produces, I remember you can colour those too ā€¦ ??

Updated method for colored circles for dump1090-fa (Version 3.5.0)

#enter the html folder
cd /usr/share/dump1090-fa/html/

#make a copy of script.js by the name script_orig.js before modifications.
#this way you will have a backup copy in case somrthing goes wrong.
sudo cp script.js script_orig.js

#open file script.js for editing
sudo nano script.js

The last command above will open the file ā€œscript.jsā€ for editing

Press Ctrl+w, then type circleStyle , then press Enter key. The cursor will jump to the line:
var circleStyle = function(distance) {

Make changes as shown in red below, save the file and exit the editor.
Reload the Browser to see map with colored circles.

NOTE:
Forum is blocking me to post the code. Code below is a screenshot of Word file. Download the Word file containing code to facilitate copy-paste.

dropbox.com/s/kdtsll7oscg3i ā€¦ 90-fa.docx

https://s20.postimg.org/qhl9lg2t9/Color_Circle-dump-fa.png

Thank you for posting that for dump1090-fa (version 3.5.0)

Yay another success!!! Just a question though, when installing the fa version via joeā€™s site, it installs piaware ver 3.10. Doing a check install after initial set up, finds no upgrade. My mutability install via Joeā€™s site, upgrades/installs piaware ver 3.5. I something busted in that fa section or does the fa ver only install 3.10?? I will be this query oin the ads b receiver site as well incase there is something busted.

Jeff

Joeā€™s script fail to install dump1090-fa 3.5.0 or even 3.1.0. However they do install Piaware 3.5.0 data feeder. Please see the post linked below for workaround.

[S O L V E D] Broken installation of dump1090-fa by JPā€™s Scripts [S O L V E D]

@ abcdā€¦ worked a treat, thanks again :slight_smile: