Stats are behind or lower than before

Data now keeps going down I think there’s a problem with the FlightAware
http://i.imgur.com/9kI0Vko.png/

Data since the 18th onwards uses a different method of counting ADS-B aircraft. The numbers before and after the 18th are not comparable. We are reprocessing stats from the 18th-21st so those numbers will change to the new method over the next 24 hours or so (you can see this effect in your stats for the 18th in your screenshot)

edit: I posted a separate announcement since the original announcement was buried in the mlat stats thread. ads-b-flight-tracking-f21/changes-to-ads-b-aircraft-stats-starting-18-december-t36499.html

Thanks for the reply

My observation… my stats went up though i lost my Monday stats. I compared the AC seen with FR24 and its just fine like it differ about 10 AC total each day. The reported position is way far… my piaware is like 200%++ positions than FR24 which includes MLAT data. At least the AC seen is enough and acceptable for me. I dont care with positions reported. I know this 2 feeders have different ways to count data reported.

I really do not understand how they count it but my Total is higher than of those above myself.What I can see that my ranking(site 3110 LDSP ) is going down every day for some reason.

It is ranked by the total number of aircraft seen (ADS-B + MLAT + positionless Mode S) in the last 30 days, but currently you can’t see that number directly on the ranking table which makes it a bit confusing.

On the sites stats pages, do we really see over a million unique aircraft over Europe and North America daily, or are the stats a meaningless summation of the individual site stats without regard to duplicated data.?

Which number are you looking at? (A million unique is obviously wrong, but I don’t see that anywhere…)

Oh, I guess this is under “Top Countries”? Yeah, that’s a naive total of the individual sites.

Well it was flightaware.com/adsb/stats/#region-tab but I guess I was really wondering if there is much meaning to the aircraft seen figure on any of those top pages apart from top sites.

… and even those top sites figures might not be reliable if they are reflecting a consolidation of data from many sites all arriving through one feeder.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics :wink:

Are the stats going to be changed? I cannot make any sense at all of the way they are now.

in short: they now count aircrafts instead of flights. all about - see thread: http://discussions.flightaware.com/post185763.html#p185763

I understand why it is happening but it’s left the stats page meaningless for me. I’m going up and down like the fiddlers elbow. :confused:

i always loved that they were counting flights and not only the simple aircraft per day. due to totally different aircraft rotation plans in the us they still in reality mostly count flights. if you are talking about ‘top-sites’ list - this behavior will stop in about 2-3 weeks - then only us-sites are in front - and yours will be stable far behind :slight_smile:

I’ll come back in a month and see what it looks like.

It looks like you are about to overtake me next. But I could be wrong. :open_mouth:

don’t worry - my site also will fall like a stone soon :slight_smile:

I’m going up and down like the fiddlers elbow.

I’m just going down :unamused: In 2 weeks I’ve gone from #406 to #667. The guy at #405 on that day is now #256.

Not bothered since I get what I want from the MLAT data returned to me. :smiley:

But changing the method of calculating the data for the ranking system was always going to be controversial.

I started feeding 30 days ago… And was gone up fast after MLAT implementation. :slight_smile: