Station back up and running. But all is not well.

It was working when I shut it down to move to a new room. But now I don’t seem to be running so well. Any suggestions where to start.

I did an update. Also I don’t seem to be receiving hardly any A/C … only close in stuff.

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo piaware-status
dump1090 is not running.
faup1090 is not running.
piaware is not running.
dump1090-mutab is listening for connections on port 30005.
faup1090 is NOT connected to port 30005.
piaware is NOT connected to FlightAware.
dump1090-mutab is producing data on port 30005.

EDIT

Looks like I need to check my password for PIAWARE. Having trouble with finding the right file to edit.

Ok got password updated and now PI aware seems to be running

Found a loose connection (not plugged all the way into the dongle) and my A/C (it is night) out to about 102 miles so far.

See how it goes in the morning and see if I’m reporting.

Ive got the filter. But I need adapters from SMA to F connectors and a new SMA dongle connector and those should arrive in the next day or so.

Looks like Im now connected but it gave me a new site number.

Bah

Do I need to re-claim it ?

Are you using the same network adapter?

From what I understand Piaware uses the MAC address of the network adapter as the devices site identifier. I switched to Piaware/dump1090-mutability on the same hardware except the SD card which used to run the Piaware image this week and it kept the same site identifier for me. If you switched out a wireless adapter try switching back in the original one. I have read there is a way to spoof your MAC address so it appears as the old site identifier in dump1090 however I am not sure of the process to do so being I have not had a reason to yet.

Also you can use the following command to set up your login and password.
sudo piaware-config -user -password

Im using the same PI and its even showing in my account the MAC is identical. Not sure why it gave me a new site number.

Seems to be working per advertised now just a new site number. Just waiting for the adapters to arrive so I can add the filter.

see here is the two sites and if you notice its identical

1. Raspberry ADSB (b8:27:eb:bd:44:6e): PiAware (Debian Package Add-on) 2.1 added Thursday, December 25, 2014 (50.46.184.4 / 192.168.1.11)
  2. b8:27:eb:bd:44:6e: PiAware (Debian Package Add-on) 2.1 added Thursday, December 25, 2014 (50.46.184.4 / 192.168.1.11)

But on my adsb I get

Longest Streak: 1 days (07-Oct-2015 - Today)

It looks like your site identifier changed from “Raspberry ADSB (b8:27:eb:bd:44:6e)” to “b8:27:eb:bd:44:6e”.
This is just a guess but it appears your old setup was appending Raspberry ADBS to your MAC address and sending this as your site identifier instead of only the MAC address.

You might want to contact the FlightAware staff and see if there is a way you can some how get this fixed. That or search around the forums to see if there is in fact a way to spoof your site identifier to match the old one by appending Raspberry ADBS with the parentheses in your current setup.

I have been running a site (5162) which has been up for 269 days consecutive. I’d like to swap out the RPi B+ for a new RPi2 B, but also would like to keep the same site ID, but know that when i configure other PiAware setups that the ID seems to be whatever Flightaware assigns to it.

FlightAware Staff - is there any way that I can keep my 5162 ID and uptime status?

Cheers and 73 - Jon N7UV

My 365 day longest streak from the old PiB was shown … while the old PiB was shown, but after 30 days the old PiB was removed - so was that longest streak.

Check the post here:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=35900&view=next
I swapped my first RPi B model with a newer B+ mainly to get the smaller memory card which fits the other Pi units on hand.
joel

Thanks much Joel for the link. I have some learning to do, but it looks doable!

Cheers and 73 - Jon N7UV

Thank the OP, I just repeated it.
Plagiarism is a productivity tool sometimes.