Share code in use by another

After a recent Windows 10 upgrade, I had to reregister Planeplotter, which gave me a new share code. When I try to associate this share code with Flightaware, it says it’s already assigned to another user. Planeplotter admins tell me the share code is assigned to me, however. My old share code has already been reassigned , so there’s no going back…

How can this be resolved?

My share code is BQ (all caps).

Thanks!
Laura

FlightAware Support here.

This advice from Bev at PlanePlotter may help:

Users who share their data with other servers please take note.

If you select Upload Only, the server is prohibited from sending any data to you. That includes sending you the correct share code - so if you have Upload Only selected, you might be sending out the wrong share code with your data.

That is not a problem for the PlanePlotter network as you are identified in other ways but any third party systems will receive the wrong share code from you and that will confuse their administration of their data suppliers.

Several times recently, I have been asked by third party systems about two users with, apparently, the same share code. In every case, one of the users was uploading the wrong share code because they had Upload Only set and the PP server was unable to send the correct share code.

If you share your data with other services, please - from time to time - enable two way sharing (download as well as upload - ie two arrows showing on the Share button) - so that the server can send you the correct share code. You only need to enable it for a minute or two (a share cycle) and then, if you wish, you can restore Upload Only.

Thank you.

Bev
COAA

Thanks for this info. I do enable both upload and download, but it appears whoever else has/had the same share code is not doing the same. Sounds like I’m out of luck…

Thanks,
Laura

Thanks Laura, I’ll check with the other PP sharer.