"Reports Received" Downward Trend

I’m seeing a continuous slight downward trend in the number of reports in the “Reports Received” graph. I’m running a Raspberry Pi B+ model and it’s averaging about 50% - 60% CPU usage. The SDR dongle is a NOOELEC R820T and the antenna is a DPD Products ADS-B Double 1/2 Wave Mobile Antenna on my chimney cap and is at about 650’ AMSL. I started out with the stock antenna that came with the SDR dongle and saw the same downward trend in my “Reports Received” graph and upgraded the antenna on 06/27/2015. My reports and aircraft seen went through the roof. But since then there’s been a definite slight downward trend in the “Reports Received.” The Aircraft Seen also has a very slight downward trend, but I can attribute that to weather and normal weekly flight levels in my area. My logs look good and I’m not losing connection to the FA server. Anybody have any ideas to explain the trend?

http://home.comcast.net/~carldeitrich5/images/ebay/FlightGraphs.JPG

A gradually worsening/corroding connection somewhere? Changes to air traffic patterns?

I was thinking along those lines too. The antenna is new (about a month old now) and the N connector is shielded from the weather. I’ll have to get up on the roof and look at he antenna connection to the mag-mount base. It’s an NMO at the antenna and should be sealed from the weather.

Is there a good source for the number of flights a month across a year? I’ve been looking at the sites for reporting stations near me and they all seem to have the same downward trend, but not as severe. I was also Googling and see some graphs that may corroborate what I see on my graphs. It looks like the spikes are in April/May and December, with toughs in the intervening months.

But I’m never one to leave well enough alone and am always tinkering. Given my set up and location, I’m always first or second in total flights and positions in my area. So that may explain why my downward trend (though slight) seems more severe than nearby reporting stations.