Recording data to assess whilst adjusting gain settings

Now that I have 3.05 working with map and graphs, using JP’s ADS-B scripts. To assist in antenna tuning via gain adjustments etc, I have seen a lot of posts from people with different graphs, spread sheets etc on recording transmissions per hour, flight recording etc etc. My system being used, PI3, nil monitor just using Putty to access PI via my PC, with FA USB Pro dongle, into an outside antenna. Brand new to Linux but improving each day with scripts etc. Now I think there would be some sort of logging of this data we are gaining from our ADS-B setups or be able to set up, just putting that data into a visual form to assess inputs whilst making changes to gains etc.

Now is there a script, method, of recording the necessary data which would be useful in adjusting gains etc. I realize there may not be a simple way of producing a graph etc of this data without copying a csv/xl file off the PI into a relevant data program on a PC. Appreciate such gain setting adjustment you probably need 24hrs at each setting to make a proper assessment, so not after something that would give instantaneous data, just hourly or so. Not wanting to re invent the wheel if someone already has such a system and willing to share to produce such a data output. :slight_smile:

To find your optimum gain, the easiest way is to record or snapshot your graphics on your stats page and compare 24 hours after making your adjustment.
You will have both range and positions.
More range may not be better if you lose positions closer to your receiver with the greater range.
Some may want more range, some want more positions close to their site.