RadarBox24?

I stumbled across "RadarBox24.com. How does this differ from FlightAware? It seems to have way more flights displayed and to be active pretty much worldwide. I feel certain someone on here has compared them and I’d love to read what the key differences are.
Thanks.

I have been feeding data to Radarbox24 for over 2 years using their windows data feeder. Recently this feeder started giving trouble, and when I wanted to upgrade, found new version of feeding software requires to be purchased to feed them free data from my own equipment! Since few days their old free data feeder has completely stopped feeding data. Of course I am not going to pay for their software to feed free data to them. Crazy!

That’s insane. I must say my feeding to FlightAware has been flawless but I guess your feeding to RadarBox24 was for a long time. But a lot of hockey would be played in hell before I would pay to send them data so they can sell it.
Still I wish FlightAware could show the way more flights and worldwide tracking RB24 seems to, even to a guest. Or maybe I don’t have FlightAware set up correctly.

When I used to feed data to Radarbox24… :slight_smile:

And now… :frowning:
If I try to register, they will let me download new software.
When I run new software, it asks for purchasing… :cry:

Today RadarBox24 Windows data feeder started working again by itself! :smiley: :mrgreen:
I have now sent them an email to find if they have any data feeder for Raspberry Pi / Raspbian.

Has anyone of you tried “Coverage” tab on top right of their home page radarbox24.com?

When I go there I see:

*"Increase Network Coverage

RadarBox24 data comes from thousands of RadarBox units streaming real-time data from all over the world. Check out our Real-Time Data Coverage stats page for more details.

We welcome users to share data with RadarBox24. We even provide free RadarBox receivers for users located in areas where we don’t yet have proper coverage."*

Then there are screens asking if I have a receiver, what type, etc before it has me d/l a piece of s/w I have to pay to use. I don’t see any link to get a “feeder unit”.

Do you get any sort of membership as we do on FlightAware?

More than 2 years ago, they had an option to feed using your own receiver, and I registered using my email, and they sent me download link for the windows data feeder by email. If you are interested, send their support an email asking them to register you as feeder, and give download link for their windows data feeder like the one I have (screenshot in my previous post).

RadarBox24 Support has now replied to my email about their Linux data feeder for RPi.

To: abcd567@hotmail.com
Cc: support@airnavsystems.com
Subject: Re: ##19490##] Data Feeding to AirNav
Date: Thu 10/01/15 6:17 PM

Hi Sir,

Thanks for your email.

Sorry at present we do not have a linux based application, we will note this on the to do list.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of any further assistance

Visit - www.RadarBox24.com - Pure ADS-B Developed by Airline Pilots

Regards, AirNav Systems Support

Email: support@airnavsystems.com
Phone: +1 (813) 321-7834
Toll Free: +1 (800) 401-2474