Prostick and low temps

Hi,

Is it possible that cooler temperatures (sub 20C) could reduce the sensitivity of these dongles? Or does cold air in the atmosphere reduce range?

Thanks…

68F is not what most of us in NA or Europe would consider particularly ‘cooler’. :astonished:

You don’t have to worry about the low temp affecting much with the hardware. Seasonal weather conditions can create ducting and inversions that may have some effect on the radio propagation, but in general, it won’t be very noticeable.

Thanks for that and it’s what I was expecting… Just wanted to be sure :slight_smile:

bhaal - the cold snap we are experiencing in SE Aus is enough to make anything a bit sluggish :slight_smile:

@andrew6721,
That’s because it has been so warm lately. El Nino is fading (according to the BOM) so it could get wetter and cooler.
(My mum and brother live in Sydney. I grew up there)

It gets down to 20F (-6C) easily in NYC in winter. I have seen it below 0F and ice flowing down the river twice in the last 15 years.

I am more worried about the heat in my attic(where my RPI is located).
I have already had to add a fan to keep it cool enough not to throttle the CPU. Summer doesn’t start for another 3+ weeks.
The frequencies are so high and bandwidth so wide that frequency changes on the dongle shouldn’t have any affect on reception.

:slight_smile: