Problem with Hourly Received reports (positions/aircraft)

It appears that my hourly stats are advanced one hour. It’s a little past 0900 right now (MST/Arizona time) and data is being shown for the 1000 time block. My nearest airport is in Lordsburg, New Mexico but my receiver coordinates are in Arizona.

Is this a general issue or just due to my particular situation ? New Mexico uses Daylight Savings, Arizona doesn’t so this is a constant source of confusion for half the year for those of us who live near the state line!

Definitely this is not a big deal but curious why it is happening.

The stats page uses the timezone at the nearest airport as the site’s timezone (it’s much easier to determine that than the timezone at an arbitrary location).
The underlying stats are collected in UTC, it’s just a display thing.

The stats page uses the timezone at the nearest airport as the site’s timezone (it’s much easier to determine that than the timezone at an arbitrary location).

Thanks for the explanation. I had a notion the airport was used.

All of the stats are proving very useful.

Richard

My usual attempt at random percussive maintenance is failing me, so I’m reverting to asking dumb questions…

On my stats page, the “Hourly Collections Graph (CDT)” is showing the correct time based on my location.
The “Nearest Airport” is showing CWYG (Winnipeg), which is correct.

However, the “Hourly Received Reports (positions | aircraft)” is showing UTC.

(Any of the ‘nearby’ receivers have their Hourly Received Reports… showing in CDT).

My diagnostics experience tells me that based on the amount of time I’ve spent trying to understand this issue, I’ve missed a semi-colon somewhere… :slight_smile:

So apparently, I just had to wait. Either FA fixed something in the past 12 hours, or something else tripped a timezone adjustment. My “Hourly Received Reports (positions | aircraft)” are now tracking the correct (local) timezone.