PlanePlotter Trouble

This is the latest PlanePlotter problem:

Another site (Site 2564 - KINT) came online on 21 Oct 2014 and went “Live” .
My site (site 1692 - KINT) went down about the same time. When I look a my location (36.01576 -80.38299)
and (Site 2564 - KINT) it maps to the very same location on the web page for both him and me. PlanePlotter works
correct when I run the Test Networking, however I can no longer see my status on the web page… HELP PLEASE.

Can PiAware run on Windows 7? I’m running PlanePlotter and it keeps having one problem after another, therefore I’m looking to move to PiAware if possible.

Richard

If this is an issue with Planeplotter, have you posted your question to the yahoo planeplotter group at
groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/planeplotter/info
?

Sorry, I don’t do Yahoo… I think the problem started when Site 2564 - KINT went Live yesterday and his GPS location is right on top of me (less than 1/4 mile). PlanePlotter, FlightAware, or both?

I understand about Yahoo, I woouldn’t if I could avoid it. Is your Planeplotter account registered? Are you running as a PP groundstation?

I did have an instance where someone in China oopsied on Long and was off by 180, which put the location a few miles from mine. The site was claimed before I got to it. It took a while to resolve.

FYI there is a new Planeplotter forum as an adjunct/alternative to Yahoo at: planeplotterforum.co.uk/

Is your Planeplotter account registered? Are you running as a PP groundstation? … PLEASE, YES TO BOTH.
Site 2564 is reporting data for my site 1692.

Hi,

Yes, I know: “kO” got changed to “mX” when the COAA server crashed (see email below), however it was working until Site 2564 - KINT came online on 21 November 2014. I checked again this morning and Site 2564 had changed from KINT to LIDA but is still see my ADS-B data. I can tell from the Coverage Distribution pie chart and the fact that a site in Italy is reporting data over central North Carolina in the United States… I don’t think so.

Please give me a call at 1.336.766.xxxx so we can get this knot untied.

Best Regards,
Richard Wooten

Hi Richard,

It may be better to ask FlightAware this question as I am not familiar with the way they do things.

After the server collapse a couple of weeks ago, most share codes changed and I know FA index users by the share code so they may not have registered the fact that your share code may be different from teh share code that you originally registered with them.

Regards
Bev
COAA

At 04:12 22-11-2014, you wrote:
Bev,

One other thing, another site (Site 2564 - KINT) came online on 21 Nov 2014 and went “Live” .
My site (site 1692 - KINT) went down about the same time. When I look a my location (36.01576 -80.38299)
and (Site 2564 - KINT) it maps to the very same location on the web page for both him and me.

Thanks,
Richard Wooten
Phone: 1.336.766.xxxx

Richard Wooten wrote:
Bev,

My Plane Plotter Installation PP656149, Share identifier: mX, Site identifier: kO has stop reporting status on flightaware.com/adsb/stats/user/rhw2
When I run the PlanePlotter Test Networking everything test good. The web is reporing I have not been “Live” for over 15 Hours. Is the Share identifier and the Site identifier the same, if so that may be the problem… Please help ASAP.

Thanks,
Richard Wooten

FlightAware wrote:

Dear Richard Wooten,

This email is a friendly notification that your PlanePlotter software ‘kO’ is not currently sending live flight data to FlightAware. Your receiver last connected to FlightAware on 21-Nov-2014. This may represent a problem in your setup that may need your attention. Feel free to contact us with any questions about how to setup PlanePlotter to share with FlightAware or the benefits of sharing with FlightAware.

Once it’s setup and running, you can view your statistics & rankings here:

flightaware.com/adsb/stats/user/rhw2

Thanks for your participation!

FlightAware ADS-B Team
adsbrequests@flightaware.com