PlanePlotter Feed & FlightAware Alerts

Hi,

Just started to feed to your system via PlanePlotter and wondering how long it takes for the ‘enterprise’ subscription to kick in?

Also, set up a few alerts on registrations and would just like to clarify some things with them.

I typed in LX-VCI which I received an alert for using flight CLX775, which it states was due to depart SEA at 23:35 MDT and arrive PIK at 07:35 MDT
I only received the alert at 07:13 MDT, about 6.5 hours after it would have flown over me.

Would I be correct in thinking that these alerts are only sent out when you receive a flight number/registration tie up from say ads-b sources, if you have not already received them direct fromt he airline? If this is the case, then perhaps the email needs to be changed slightly as it does say it is scheduled to depart, and on first read I thought it meant this evening, opposed to yesterday evening.
Either than that, it seems a great addition to your service.

Finally, is the data fed one way, or do you feed it all into PlanePlotter or elsewhere, as well?

Alexis

It should be within 15 minutes once you’ve registered your feeder and started sending data. I see your registration, but we haven’t received any data from that feeder yet. Can you double-check your settings? You can verify it’s working because you’ll appear on the stats page as well as the coverage map within 15 minutes of receiving the first data.

I typed in LX-VCI which I received an alert for using flight CLX775, which it states was due to depart SEA at 23:35 MDT and arrive PIK at 07:35 MDT
I only received the alert at 07:13 MDT, about 6.5 hours after it would have flown over me.

Would I be correct in thinking that these alerts are only sent out when you receive a flight number/registration tie up from say ads-b sources, if you have not already received them direct fromt he airline? If this is the case, then perhaps the email needs to be changed slightly as it does say it is scheduled to depart, and on first read I thought it meant this evening, opposed to yesterday evening.
Either than that, it seems a great addition to your service.

Yeah, we need either the data from the airline, flight plan (which doesn’t have the reg when sent to us in the US), or a mode-s tie-up of some sorts. Usually we can pick up the reg in the first 30-45min, but I agree the wording needs to change if it’s late in the game. Was your first alert the 45 minutes out alert or some other one?

Finally, is the data fed one way, or do you feed it all into PlanePlotter or elsewhere, as well?

Currently, we only receive data from PP, but we’re working on developing a way to send additional data (that the feeder can opt into) back to the PP client.

Daniel

Thank you for the response Daniel. and sorry for posting in the wrong place…

I see myself on the stats page…source CYXD, but it still said ‘Register’ opposed to my name…I have tried clicking on that link and registering again, and everything seems to work fine. it says I can use the enterprise features but my name does not appear, and neither do the additional enterprise features.

I am not sure about the 45 minute out alert…Does it say specifically it is 45 mins out? It would have been about 30-45 minutes before landing, but as it was landing in Scotland, that would probably be about the time a ground based SBS would first pick it up on that side of the Pond.
I was more curious about this than anything and like any new features, there are bound to be the odd teathing issue to resolve.

Alexis

Just looked again and everything is working perfectly now, thank you for your time and also for adding on these excellent features.
I can’t wait for you to start feeding into PP as I am particularily interested in the Alaskan feed.
For adding alerts. may I make a suggesting, that rather than only adding one flight/aircraft at a time, that we could add them in bulk, say one flight number per line for example. Just a thought.

You’re quick – I just fixed your receiver code! You had entered “IE” (India Echo) and the facility is “lE” (lima Echo) – which look very similar. I’m continuing to investigating alerts.

Question: If your Planeplotter sharer code changes, how do you amend FlightAware?

If your share code changes, register the new share code. Your user stats will reflect both sites and the site stat will sort themselves out over time.

As changes occur quite frequently it might be worth posting this on the Planeplotter forum