So I received an anomaly report stating,
Anomaly report for PiAware feeder with a MAC address of b8:27:eb:1a:5a:10:
This system is running PiAware version 2.1. PiAware version 3.1 is current. Please upgrade to the latest version by visiting http://flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/upgrade
CPU load of 93% is fairly high. You might consider running fewer programs on your Pi, or upgrading your Pi to a faster version such as the Pi 2.
Note that this report is given for each of my receivers, even though one has been on 3.1 for some time. I selected the one running 2.1 (it is a Raspberry Pi 2), and selected the item to upgrade everything. After about 30 minutes of an unresponsive website, I selected the option to reboot the device. Now it appears to be back on the old dump1090. What is the recommended procedure to continue from here? The RP is in the attic, so I'd prefer a remote solution.
Edit: Well, I telneted in to see what I could figure out and opted to trigger a reboot that way. Now I con't ping anymore. I tried also disconnecing and reconnecting power. No joy.
I had delayed upgrading because of the reports of issues when using a wifi dongle. I figured since I was being notified of an anomaly it was safe to upgrade. Apparently not.
Using the Fing app (nice, simple networking app for iOS), I did a scan of all the devices on my network, and it reports that one from stale statistics (it's not currently active but was last time I ran Fing). It lists the device as Edimax Technology. It is not connected elsewhere as a different IP#.