Piaware seeing flight but it doesn't show up on my map?

So I was looking at the main FlightAware live tracking page. Saw a few flights going overhead. One was United, one Delta, and one a Netjets Bombardier Challenger. My Piaware was showing all three in the list, but the map was only showing the United and Delta flights. When I clicked on the Netjets flight in the list, it suddenly appeared on the map. At that point it was right over my receiver. When I clicked off the flight, the plane icon and travel path completely disappeared, but remained in the list. I’ve noticed this with a few other flights; flights of all kinds, not just private jets. The only difference was that they were far away at that point and I assumed I just wasn’t receiving enough information to establish the location on the map. My question is, if the aircraft is in such close proximity, what would cause it to not completely show up on my map? I’m in a very rural area and am using the FlightAware Pro stick with the filter built in so I’m assuming it’s not a reception issue. Is it a dump1090 issue of some sort?

It means you do not have a recent position for the aircraft, e.g. it moved out of mlat coverage; but you are still hearing messages from the aircraft.
The map hides anything without a recent position normally. When you select an aircraft directly, though, it will show you the last position regardless of age.

Ah, okay. That makes sense. Thanks! :slight_smile: