piaware-jessie-sd-card-2.1-5 no startx?

Hello,

Had a small issue with my PI running piaware, so I decided to start from scratch.
Downloaded the latest version “piaware-jessie-sd-card-2.1-5” after installation when giving the command “startx” the response is ‘command not found’.
Is there a new command to start the GUI or what can be wrong?

Chees Steen

Answered here:

Thanks for the fast response…I only use x-window for setting up the Wi-Fi access, but I think (I hope) there are some work around here in the forum.

Steen

We’ll have a new image up early next week with X, sorry about that. If you’re not using a PI 3, you can use this image which has X: piaware.flightcdn.com/piaware-sd … -5.img.zip

you can setup wifi from the command line with wicd-curses

Adding a GUI to Jessie Lite should not be that hard.

Note:
I almost never use a GUI and cannot guarantee the outcome however in theory this should work. :slight_smile:
I am pretty sure the default GUI in Raspbian Jessie is LXDE however I may be mistaken.
I would also recommend backup your image just in case.

sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg
sudo apt-get install lxde-core lxterminal lxappearance

I sent you a PM,
If you need any help…
I also have an Raspberry Pi also and we live in the same country…

Alternatively, you could install Raspbian and PiAware manually. There are easy to follow instructions on the forum that I used for my RPi3, I’ve got a GUI and all.

You can use this new full Jessie 2.1-5 image which has X: piaware.flightcdn.com/piaware-je … -5.img.zip