PIAWARE 3 Problem

Hi,

Upgraded tonite from PI2 to PI3 and am getting te following errors from a piaware-status command

dump1090 is not running.
faup1090 is not running.
piaware is not running.
dump1090-fa is listening for connections on port 30005.
faup1090 is connected to port 30005.
piaware is connected to FlightAware.
dump1090-fa is producing data on port 30005.

Any idea of next trouble shooting steps. I am running with a LAN connection so no wireless issues

Regs

LiamK

Mine is working fine and my sudo piaware-status results are nearly identical to yours, with the exception that mine says dump1090-mutab instead of dump1090-fa in both places. This shouldn’t matter though. Interesting side note is that it says piaware is not running but it obviously is (ps -eF | grep piaware).

The “not running” thing is a bug that should be fixed in 3.0.4

History of use of term “bug” in connection with computers

The term “bug” was first used in an account by computer pioneer Grace Hopper, who publicized the cause of a malfunction in an early electromechanical computer.

In 1946, when Hopper was released from active duty, she joined the Harvard Faculty at the Computation Laboratory where she continued her work on the Mark II and Mark III. Operators traced an error in the Mark II to a moth trapped in a relay, coining the term bug. This bug was carefully removed and taped to the log book. Stemming from the first bug, today we call errors or glitches in a program a bug.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8a/H96566k.jpg
A page from the Harvard Mark II electromechanical computer’s log, featuring a dead moth that was removed from the device.

Source: Wikipedia

Thanks for heads up Obj.