Pi 3 wifi issue

i have upgraded my pi 3 to the latest version 3.1, i seem to have lost my wifi in the process. The piaware-config file was edited to turn use wifi and ssid and passphrase were added. I am not seeing my pi3 on the network. The wifi worked with version 2.1 so should work with 3.1. Any help will be appreciated.

How did you upgrade from 2.1 to 3.1, did you reimage the whole sdcard?

i have the same problem, any help would be most apreciated

How did you upgrade from 2.1 to 3.1, did you reimage the whole sdcard?

I just discovered the same problem here.
It seems that any changes to /etc/network/interfaces is overwritten by fa_config_generator on reboot.

If that is the case, take a look at:

You can try activating the wifi through piaware-config, and setting the items you need according to your needs.

If, for some reason that does not work, you can take a look at my post, “working 3.1.0 image with working wifi free for the taking”, which has an answer I came up with that worked for me.

If you can’t find that post, you can pm me, and I will send you the steps I took to get mine to work.

Yes Idid. I used a new card for convience and used an SC card format program. The image was successful and works well. My problem was in negotiating my home WIFI. SSID need to be in caps which I forgot. Once I had that corrected it worked like a charm.

Thanks