NooElec NESDR Mini 2 USB RTL-SDR vs FlightAware Pro Stick

Hi,
my first approach with flightaware was with “NooElec NESDR Mini 2 USB RTL-SDR” plugged on a raspberry pi and the “1090MHz ADS-B Antenna - 66cm / 26in”; with this hardware i’m able to view a lot of airplanes in a long range (about 150-200 miles around 270° from my location)

In a second time I ordered the “FlightAware Pro Stick” connected with the same raspberry pi and the same antenna but the result is very poor (about 1/3 of reported planes and no more 100 miles around my location.

I tried to modify and test some gain values with very poor different results.

Also I’m in progress to procced with another flightaware site equipped with raspberry pi and “NooElec NESDR Mini 2 USB RTL-SDR”.

This seems me a little bit strange after reading positive user comments related to “FlightAware Pro Stick”.

Your comments will be very appreciated regarding this sitation.

The pro-stick requires a filter or that the gain is turn way down.
I was changing my setup around on Sunday and left the pro-stick without a filter with the gain setting high. I went from 100-200 aircraft to 2. I added the filter and it went back up to 200.

Thanks for this information…obviously i operate without the filter…
Actually i receive with nooelec all The planes over My area. This is compared with other services Like fr24 or planefinder etc.

But witch is The advantage to use the flightaware usb stick instead To use The nooelec?

I get more aircraft and better range with the FA Pro-stick.
I have several nooelecs and the FA Pro-Stick, with a filter, is better than all of them.