Noob here, MLAT question

I just setup my piaware this morning (EDT). I’m using a flightaware stick, filter and antenna. I’m curious as to how long it will take for MLAT to start working. Right now my ADS-B stats have been working for a few hours but my MLAT is zero. I can look at other users around me and they show that they are synced with 20+ users. Anything I can do get MLAT working?

thanks!

Ensure that your location is set correctly on the website.
flightaware.com/adsb/stats/user/totalhavoc

Then, restart your piaware. You can do it from the website.

It can take a few hours for MLAT to start working.

I set location earlier but I don’t know if I rebooted the Pi after that. I know I did one reboot but not sure if it was before or after. I will try a reboot now.

That did it

Multilateration (MLAT): Supported / Enabled (synchronized with 36 nearby receivers)

Welcome to the adsb world!

I also updated everything. I think MLAT started working during the update before it rebooted.

Thanks for the help

Now if only I could get my father to install ADS-B on his Mooney 201… he is procrastinating.

I guess the obvious question is, how many receivers is too many?

I know it depends on angles from each other, but 36 receivers seems like drinking water out of a fire hose…

I have more
Multilateration (MLAT): Supported / Enabled (synchronized with 99 nearby receivers)
I have seen 110

But NYC is a busy place.

I’m wondering what I would get if I installed a unit in my parents house in Alexandria VA

Check the feeder map to see what is around there:
flightaware.com/adsb/coverage