Network feeding PiAware from a remote dump1090

Hello,

I am running dump1090 on a remote machine and what to feed data into PiAware thought the network.

I have config like this:

root@raspberrypi:~/flightware# piaware-config 
allow-manual-updates           yes                            # value set at /etc/piaware.conf:7
receiver-host                  192.168.xx.xx                  # value set at /etc/piaware.conf:9
receiver-port                  30005                          # value set at /etc/piaware.conf:10
receiver-type                  relay                          # value set at /etc/piaware.conf:8
wired-network                  yes                            # value set at /etc/piaware.conf:11

But running tcpdump on the remote machine show no traffic coming from PiAware box.

What is missing here ?

Are you using a PiAware sdcard image?
What does /var/log/piaware.log say?

edit: from your paste above, I guess this is not a sdcard image.

The “relay” receiver type is SD-card-image-only (see flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/ad … figuration)
This is because it needs to set up a local beast-splitter and reconfigure dump1090 etc for the relay.

If you just want to feed data to piaware from an external receiver and you’re not worried about multiple connections or having a local map combining the data with mlat results, try receiver-type “other”; that type is supported on package installs.

No I am not. Right to the point !

Sep 23 11:35:00 raspberrypi piaware[20160]: 888 msgs recv'd from the ADS-B data program at 192.168.xx.xx/30005 (476 in last 5m); 888 msgs sent to FlightAware

Thank you !