MLAT reporting all shows zeroes

I am getting the following message on my feeder page and can’t figure out how to fix it:

Anomaly report for PiAware feeder with a MAC address of b8:27:eb:f5:58:09:
This feeder is not being used for multilateration because its timing information appears to be unreliable. This can be caused by the site location being incorrect, or because your Pi is running out of free CPU.

It’s a dedicated Pi2 with the SD card PiAware system loaded. Also, connected to WiFi with Edimax dongle. Any thoughts/suggestions?

If it’s not a badly set location, and it’s not a busy CPU, then the most likely cause is a noisy USB bus or bad USB connection. How is the dongle connected to the Pi?

Directly. Also, I have varied dongle/USB locations (I have two NooElec Nano 2 dongles, one each for 1090 and 978 + Edimax dongle + VK172 for GPS) to rule out that potential problem, and I have removed all but Edimax one-at-a-time to rule out that potential problem.

From a quick look at the logs you rarely get sync with nearby receivers at all, which means that the mlat server never sees enough good data to start trusting your receiver after it has any sort of timing issue.

Looking at your overall stats your reception is very, very poor (“antenna isn’t connected” poor); you are reporting almost no data at all. Nearby sites are reporting 10x as many aircraft and 500x as many positions. I think you have a more fundamental problem than just a mlat issue here.

I am in something of a “hole.” When I built a custom antenna, my stats doubled. Nevertheless, If nearby sites are tracking many targets, when I track even one, I should be getting an MLAT count of some sort. Correct?
Of note, I am running Chris Young’s stratux software on a separate Pi2, and my FA stats tend to track expectedly in line to what I’m seeing on ForeFlight using the identical antenna.

Mlat needs to see a minimum rate of ADS-B traffic to be able to synchronize with other receivers. With your current reception you are not getting that. Without that synchronisation mlat can’t use your data to multilaterate whatever non ADS-B traffic you see.

I just received the same report. Morning 9/21.

I double checked my geo-coords and my free CPU. Neither are an issue, though I did tweak my cords over those provided when I drug the marker on the page. I used the new ones from my GPS, changing them by several ten thousands of a degree.

I am on the eastern edge of NC, only one receiver in vicinity e of me, several on OBX NE.

Will this be resolved or am I banned (from MLAT) for life

I have nothing in USB other than the LA antenna, FA filter and then antenna. Have a Rpi with embedded WIFI.

If I can fix something, please let me know. My antenna is on front porch with clear views other than to SW. It is going on roof when all the stuff gets here.

Thank you.

Your receiver seems to be doing mlat fine, I don’t see any problems and there are no anomalies reported at the moment.

Thank you!