make-graphs.sh error (Version 0.0.1) regarding imperial temp

I discovered an error in the imperial_temp_graph section of make-graphs.sh, at least the version I am using, 0.0.1. There are many permutations of this script so my finding may already have been corrected. I did search this forum for a mention of this error and found none.

The calculation to convert Celsius to Fahrenheit is incorrect. the original script adds 32 to the Celsius temperature before multiplying by 1.8. This multiplication should come first in the formula.

If your version of the script has it wrong (and if you actually want to use the imperial temperature section) then replace the lines after “CDEF:tta=traw,1000,/” \ with the following:

"CDEF:ttb=tta,1.8,*" \
"CDEF:ttc=ttb,32,+" \

(My apologies for not adding this to the System Monitoring thread. That had been my intent.)

I checked the current version on github: https://github.com/jprochazka/adsb-feeder/blob/master/build/portal/graphs/make-collectd-graphs.sh
The calculation seems OK:

"CDEF:tta=traw,1000,/" \
  "CDEF:ttb=tta,1.8,*" \
  "CDEF:ttc=ttb,32,+" \

I think he is referring to the scripts created by the PlaneFinder member xforce30164 which were originally posted in the System Monitoring thread. There was another post regarding this fix as well buried somewhere in the thread. I remember needing to fix this a while back when I first tried using his scripts. If you are interested in his scripts it might be best to inform him on Planefinder.net. I am not sure if he actually visits these forums that often or offered any support in the System Monitoring thread.

forum.planefinder.net/threads/we … ation.256/

There was another post regarding this fix as well buried somewhere in the thread. I

You are correct, back in June by TJOWEN.

My search had not been through enough.

In my defense, I had just read through most of the 398 posts in that thread and my eyes had glazed over :slight_smile: .