Lots of "Ground" craft listed even though option turned off

With the 3.5 version I am seeing a ton of items in the list view that are “ground”. I turned off the show ‘ground’ option and they didn’t go away. Is there something else I need to do?

I think that the option is for turning on/off “Ground Vehicles & Non Aircraft”, and not for “Aircraft on Ground”.

OK, but I don’t recall ever seeing that sort of listing before. I have Virtual Radar Server connected to that device and those listings are not showing up in VRS. I don’t see any option in VRS I have set that would suppress ground aircraft. Sorry if I am being dense here.

QUERY RESULTS FROM AIRFRAME.ORG, FOR BOTTOM 4 “GROUND” LISTED AIRCRAFTS
No country allocation found for ICAO24-address 2F008C. No aircraft found in the database matching your query
No country allocation found for ICAO24-address 2F0273. No aircraft found in the database matching your query
No country allocation found for ICAO24-address 2F03B5. No aircraft found in the database matching your query
No country allocation found for ICAO24-address 2F03EC. No aircraft found in the database matching your query

This is a bit weird. An hour later and there are now ZERO entires listed as “ground”. The list seems normal now.

The dark blue italicized 2F0xxx address are TIS-B positions (the address is not an ICAO address). Not sure why they’re not being colored as TIS-B. (edit: I bug-reported this)

The ground vehicle filter filters anything that reports an ADS-B category starting with C, not everything on the ground.

You more than likely were getting what is called tropo ducting allowing you to pick up Aircraft on Ground at the local airport. If you look at the distance I bet you will
find an airport. I once got a A/C on ground about 250 miles away.