Logging into Pi

More often than not, when I try to log into my Pi (192.168.1.146:8080), I get an Unable to connect screen.Using a Pi 3 and Dump1090 with Firefox browser on my wireless router. Unable to get in with the Pi browser.

Randy
W4RTT

A good place to check the status of your system is on your ADSB stats page.

The link to the page is on the top of the FlightAware website with the “My ADS-B” link.
or directly here
flightaware.com/adsb/stats/user/w4rttrandy

When you are logged into your FA account you will get extra information and commands on your ADSB page. Information like the IP of the box and remote settings to update/reboot/shutdown your system are only viewable by you.

For trouble shooting there is the “log” section (just above your site’s coverage section). This section will display the last few log messages that were sent to FlightAware. It is a copy of your /tmp/piaware.out file.

It looks like you were doing great for a few week and then something happened around 5/13 (last friday). Most likely something happened to your antenna or coax cable to the antenna.
The PiAware system goes into a fail safe mode when it doesn’t see any signal. It will shut down the program and then try to restart everything. It will do this about once every 15 minutes. This is probably why you are seeing the unable to connect problem. Fix the radio signal and it should work again.

Thanks for the reply. I was doing some antenna work and found out that water had compromised the 1090 co-linear antenna. I built a new one and have been running it inside the house until the rain stops and I can get back to the roof.

Randy
W4RTT