Live Data = crash to desktop

Hi,

I’m totally new to this and just got my PI 3 up and running. I’ve followed the setup instructions, claimed my receiver and my stat’s page say’s I’m live. When I click on “view live data” the browser takes a long time to load and then crashes to the desktop. If I top the IP address into my PC, I’m able to view the live data just fine… any ideas?

Side note- on my PI 3 task bar, the Wolfram and Mathematica icons don’t work… do I have something corrupt?

I’ve formatted my SD card and copied the software twice with the same results.

Thanks,

Franz

Franz,

I have the same problem as you. I think the default browser that comes with the Pi doesn’t support Google Maps API.

Very frustrating…

Correct. You won’t be able to see live data on a browser on the pi.

Welcome to the ADSB & Pi world. Sorry to hear you are having difficulties though. Most of us run the Pi headless (I.e. No screen or keyboard attached). Mine is stuck to the wall in a closet with the antenna wire running up to the attic. All that by way of saying you have probably encountered a situation most of us would not normally see because we would normally be using another PC via SSH and/or http to access the Pi. Also, Wolfram and Mathimatic are not required for PiAware. I deleted the packaged on mine to reduce time spent on updates. I’m not sure why the icons are still on your desktop. You can delete them.

Thank you everyone for you replies, I’m glad to know I’m not the only one :slight_smile:

Franz