IP address is screwed up

All of a sudden my RPi 3 stopped transmitting. I use to do a “ip addr show” and the IP address would show up. Now, I get this mess:

1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN group defaul t qlen 1
link/loopback 00:00:00:00:00:00 brd 00:00:00:00:00:00
inet 127.0.0.1/8 scope host lo
valid_lft forever preferred_lft forever
inet6 ::1/128 scope host
2: eth0: <NO-CARRIER,BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state DOW N group default qlen 1000
link/ether b8:27:eb:d5:55:b5 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
inet6 fe80::30e2:d05a:5a2c:4110/64 scope link tentative
3: wlan0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc pfifo_fast state UP g roup default qlen 1000
link/ether b8:27:eb:80:00:e0 brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff
inet 192.168.1.106/24 brd 192.168.1.255 scope global wlan0
inet6 fe80::d7dc:3b87:76bd:9ab/64 scope link

My wifi on the RPi GUI page , connected to the router, says eth0 is not connected. I don’t know what happened, it was doing just fine.

Any help is appreciated for this newbie. Should I re-download Raspbian? Maybe a hardware glitch in the pi?
Thanks.

That says that your wired network port is disconnected (no cable) and your wifi is up and has a v4 address assigned.
If that’s not what you expect, you need to explain what you do expect.

The pi 3 has always been connected, via it’s built in wi-fi, to my router, sending data to Flightaware. About 2 weeks ago I received an e-mail from FA, stating a lack of connectivity. Upon doing an IP check with the pi, those are the results I got. I did not change anything, it just stopped. What I want is my pi to connect to the internet (and FA) again, wirelessly. It’s never had a network cable attached to it. All my other home internet connections work fine, just not the pi.

The results say that the Pi is connected, at least as far as your router.
Try rebooting the Pi.
Try rebooting your router.

(fwiw, your stats page says that it reconnected for a couple of hours near the time of your post)

SacScanner, PM me (click on messages in the upper left corner) if you are still having troupble.
joel (KMHR)

I usually use the command “ifconfig”, to tell me what my IP Address is on each of my interfaces.

It could be that your Ethernet cable came loose at one or both ends, or it could also have gone bad all together. If you previously had connectivity via eth0, and now don’t, I would try replacing your ethernet cable with a new one and if that doesn’t work, try rebooting your pi in addition to see if that brings it up.

If your pi was working with your current image, then I would assume the image is still good, and that you have developed a connection issue with your hardware.

Dave

Thanks to all, I unplugged the router for a few minutes, and rebooted the RPi3, and all seems to be working now. I guess the cause will never be known. (The pi does seem to shutdown every 2 weeks or so.). Thanks again.