How many planes is my PI-aware seeing right now?

Without being on my local network, is there a know the number of planes my rig is seeing “right now”? I am really not interested in the flight details. Really all I want is the total number the rig is currently seeing.

I know I can go to the LIVE view and count the list of planes to the right of the map, but I am wanting the info from any web browser.
If I go to my stats page I see:

1. Recent flights with positions from this feeder on FlightAware.com and
  2. Additional recent flights fed to FlightAware

but, these entries don’t correlate with the LIVE view.

Basically, simply looking for a number.

Thanks.

You’d need remote access to the Pi one way or another to find this out.

OK. I can write a web scraper script to do that from inside my network if that’s the only way. I don’t want to open a PORT to the world for the RasPI running piaware.

So… same question. If there a number that totals it all up for me and where do I find it? Or do I need to count each plane myself?
The math is easy, but the script is more involved if I need to pull the ‘current plane count’ number out one by one.

I’d suggest grabbing it from the json files that underlie the map: if you retrieve data/aircraft.json, that is a json object with all the current aircraft data; you can count them fairly simply according to whatever rules you want.

The collectd plugin does just that to generate the aircraft counts and max range: github.com/mutability/dump1090- … 90.py#L182

Thanks! I can work with that!