Get information from FlightFeeder to be used elswhere?

Since the FlightFeeder which i got has disabled SSH (and i don’t want to hack sd card to enable it)

I’m wondering if there is a way to grub data from feeder so that i can use it elswhere? For example, i have Info dashboard where i preview weather station, surveillance camera data and some other social media data so i would like to preview feeder data but, only the data which i get through FlightFeeder…

Is that possible anyhow?

Where can i find more about inner application which grubs data and previews it for web interface???

You can get the raw data on the same ports that a PiAware sdcard image would provide: 30005 for Beast-format off-the-air messages, 30105 for Beast-format multilateration positions, etc. See flightaware.com/adsb/flightfeeder/ (“ADS-B/Mode-S Data Output” section)

Tools like VRS can handle those data formats.

I think that i didn’t understand you

All data i see is frequent ajax requests by browser and it fetches data for plane positions in json format

Could you be more specific? Bit more practical?

The web map pulls aircraft data in a json format, yes. You could use that if you want (but the format changes from release to release)

You can get the raw Mode S data by connecting to TCP port 30005 on the FlightFeeder. You will need software that knows how to interpret Mode S data, such as VRS.

Not sure how else I can explain it. What are you trying to do with the data?

I want to write small plugin for freeboard so that you can hookup your flightfeeder to a board

See more at freeboard.io

It’s opensource…

btw, i 30005 is not enabled here, i use feeder which i got from FlightAware…

Possibly because of the older software version, you may need to wait for the software upgrade to be available to get all the local data feeds.

It might be simplest to integrate with the json aircraft / stats interface for that, if you just want to monitor something like current aircraft count. Again some of this is only available in the latest version.

I’m not sure if this works for mlat, but this is what I’m doing to feed to adsbexchange.com and seems to work for adsb at least:

#!/bin/sh
while true
  do
    /usr/bin/nc -d adsb.loc 30005 | /usr/bin/nc feed.adsbexchange.com 30005
    sleep 30
  done

adsb.loc = my flight feeder
feed.adsbexchange.com = the site I’m feeding to

It looks like all it does is take the data from the flight feeder and pipe it straight to the feed port of adsbexchange. When I initially started the script I saw the planes pop up on the site right away. Kinda neat to know I’m the only one feeding for my area.

Edit: Oh just caught that port 30005 is not open for you. That’s strange, yeah not sure then. Maybe it’s just another port? Try doing a full port scan.
I imagine this method may work for other sites too.