Forbidden:You don't have permission to access/posting.php...

What is happening since yesterday?
No replies possible.
Last 4 posts:
Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:28 pm
Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:49 am
Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:11 pm
Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Forbidden
You don’t have permission to access /posting.php on this server.

Creating new thread (like this one) works fine.

I can reply :slight_smile:

Try to reply on older threads, not on this brand new thread and see what happens.
Seems newly created threads are on another server, not on “this server” of the Forbidden notice.

It is mod_security objecting to the content of your post (a false positive, something that looks like an attempted attack on the forum software). Try rewording it.

(I pointed the ops team at this thread so they can update the rules to eliminate the false positive)

I just now succeeded in posting this one (click here)
How?
I typed one sentence at a time, then hit “Preview” button. It was ok.
When I reached the sentence (2) Radiation P a t t e r n, (without spaces)and hit “Preview” button, Forbidden appeared. I removed (2), no success, removed Radiation, no success, removed P a t t e r n (without spaces), and bingo! Forbidden disappeared. I changed Radiation Pa t t e r n to Radiation Curve, and was able to post successfully.

Note: In this post, I had to add spaces in “P a t t e r n” as without spaces, this post was “Forbidden”.

Do not use the word P A T T E R N in your posts. it is taken as if it is searching for patterns and is considered attack.

If it is necessary to use it, insert spaces between its alphabets.

There will be some more words & phrases which are causing “Forbidden”. Hope these will be discovered by others and posted for benefit of all.

Now I can post the word Pattern,
Seems FA ops have removed the bug.

I found a few weeks ago that including “code” text caused a problem - taking that out and there was no problem.

If FlightAware want an ACTIVE discussion forum, they need to sort out these problems before unhappy users move away :angry:

It was slightly more complicated than matching just the word “pattern”, but yes we did find a bug and (hopefully) have it fixed. Many apologies for the confusion / inconvenience.

THANKS!
I feel the problem is solved (at least for me :slight_smile: ), because since yesterday evening, I am able to post without seeing “Forbidden”.

I just got the error again. Bloody annoying.

/M

Edit:

Posting the following message

It sounds like you have configured the wrong port and/or data format in fr24feed.

Post your fr24feed.ini file.

/M

Edit 2:

and now, same problem, adding edits in this thread