flightfeeder output on port 30003 problems

Hi!

can someone of FlightAware respond to this?

i tried to share the date of my flightfeeder with an other service but that seems not possible. It seems they do not accept ‘an old version’ of Basestation. Not sure what that means…

quote: “It appears you are using too old versiol of Basestation which produces 5 min delayed data. Please upgrade Basestation before continuing!
Line: MSG,5,111,1111,400150,111111,2014/10/01,22:01:40.886,11625,0,0,0”

output is real time when i compare Virtual Radar data with the web interface of FligthFeeder, so as said not sure what this means…

The message seems to say the problem is with the timestamps on the data rather than the format. Can you point a web browser to port 8080 on the FlightFeeder and see if the times shown on the clocks are accurate?

Time seems to be ok. 1 second difference with an ‘accurate clock’ Clock of my laptop is also ok :wink:
So this is not the problem.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90516818/time.png

message I get:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90516818/fr24.png

Is the time on the web clock really from the FF or from your computer? Likely the FF has the wrong time.

There are two timestamps in SBS output, receive & forward; it’s looking for both and comparing them (and getting confused when one is omitted)

See github.com/MalcolmRobb/dump1090 … cc9b8cadc6 for some discussion about basically the same problem in stock dump1090
(it’s fixed there now)

dbaker,

the top of the screen shows two clocks which should be from flightfeeder, it is the page the flightfeeder itself serves (192.168.x.x:8080). it could be using my own clock, but there is a 1 second difference with the browser below which shows an internet time website and my own clock (with 0.013 seconds difference) so i think those two clocks show the feeder’s clock.

I suppose obj has the solution??

so, when there is an update of the software of the flightfeeder, how does it get on it? does flightaware have full control of the feeder to push updates or do we have to install these ourselves?

@obj: can this problem also cause SBSplotter to crash? (trying it again now after a few weeks and it still works after 15 minutes… most of the times it crashes after a few minutes)

The port 8080 clock is from your local PC web browser I believe. The clock on the HDMI port of a FlightFeeder is the local system time.

so, when there is an update of the software of the flightfeeder, how does it get on it? does flightaware have full control of the feeder to push updates or do we have to install these ourselves?

Yes, if you’ve got a FlightAware FlightFeeder (not PiAware), updates are pushed to you.