Flighaware waste my flow data, is it correct ??

wonderful, 4 months of statistics waste … placed from 4,200 to over 10,000 for their negligence :frowning:
with our free information they ask more then 89$/month for statistics consultation and do NOT spend 5 minutes to restore the data lost of their user. Do they deserve our data flow?

I guess you had some sort of problem with your statistics, but your post doesn’t really explain exactly what happened. Can you explain?
Have you contacted support about it? Mail adsbsupport@flightaware.com

Failing that, wait 30 days as the stats are based on a 30-day cycle.

What happened is very easy; I asked at the customer support if was possible to change my username without lost my history data (and position too) … answer was positive but the result was terrible.
My old station is been a new station and my history data were cleaned, now I’m over the 10000 position
5 minutes of effort and my data history they could be restored …

My question is :

with our free information Flightaware asks more then 89$/month for statistics consultation and do NOT spend 5 minutes to restore the data lost of their user. Do Flightaware deserve our data flow?

Have you asked support for help with recovering the statistics? The data is certainly still there. (“5 minutes” is underestimating it)

If you’re not happy with feeding ADS-B data to FlightAware, there’s no obligation to keep feeding - sorry that it didn’t work out for you.

Well, I guess I would be pretty disappointed, too. But after a month you should be back to your old position in the ranking.

Depending on the data structure, changing the user name might be more difficult than it sounds. Maybe they should have warned you that there might some problems. Apart from that, this might be a nice feature.

Well, you get a free business account as a return for feeding, the stats are an additional incentive. Intersting to see that in your case they seem to be the main (only?) incentive, so maybe this is an direction were FA might develop features in the future, e.g. like perfomances stats of the adsbreceiver project.

hi Biekerc, after your post I changed my opinion. Yesterday night I turn on my data flow to FlightAware.
Have a business account is out of my scope, I hope FA will develop new features soon.