FA Display

:question:

Hi all,

I recently started feeding FA and was wondering if there is a way to tell the difference between aircraft being tracked by ADS-B contributors vs the regular FAA feed by just looking at the map. Is there a color difference or anything like that?

Also, how does FA decided which aircraft have a visible flight tag showing and which aircraft are in shape only until moused-over?

Click “En Route” on the status to see the positions, which will show the source.

Also, how does FA decided which aircraft have a visible flight tag showing and which aircraft are in shape only until moused-over?

You’re looking at an airport map? It tries to declutter based on how tightly packed the airplanes are.

I probably didn’t explain it correctly. My question is, can you tell by looking at the map which tracks are ADS-B based (from everyone) versus tracks from the FAA. I guess what I am looking for is a way to tell that any particular aircraft on the map is showing in its real-time ADS-B position rather than the time delayed position just by looking at the map.

Click “En Route” on the status to see the positions, which will show the source.

Where ?

On a flight page, click “en route” for an airborne flight. For a landed flight, click “track log & graph”

The maps don’t currently indicate the most recent type of position.

Thanks,

As a future feature FA might thing about using a different color, font or something else to indicate which positions are “live” versus FAA feeds that are delayed.

Also, is FA using any of the Mode-S non-position aircraft data that is shared with them via the various sharing methods, and how is it used?

Chris