Dump1090 not displaying data

I have not been reporting data to Flightaware for 6 days. Ran the “dump1090” command and received the results below. Newbie and do not know how to do either of the options list below. Can someone offer suggestions?

0;pi@raspberrypi: ~pi@raspberrypi ~ $ “dump1090” Found 1 device(s): 0: Generic, RTL2832U, SN: 77771111153705700 (currently selected) Kernel driver is active, or device is claimed by second instance of librtlsdr. In the first case, please either detach or blacklist the kernel module (dvb_usb_rtl28xxu), or enable automatic detaching at compile time. usb_claim_interface error -6 Error opening the RTLSDR device: Device or resource busy

Reboot the pi if you haven’t done that already.

Otherwise look at the end of /tmp/piaware.out and see what error messages are there.

The usual advice is to blacklist the kernel module as it suggests:

cd /etc/modprobe.d
sudo nano no-rtl.conf

(filename is not important, the extension is)

then adding

blacklist dvb_usb_rtl28xxu
blacklist rtl2832
blacklist rtl2830

then reboot your RPi.

(instructions are from here)

However, after recently updating my RPi’s Linux distro, this workaround stopped working. Instead I rebuilt rtl-sdr with kernel driver detaching enabled by default:

git clone git://git.osmocom.org/rtl-sdr.git
cd rtl-sdr
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ../ -DDETACH_KERNEL_DRIVER=ON -DINSTALL_UDEV_RULES=ON
make
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig
cd ~
sudo cp ./rtl-sdr/rtl-sdr.rules /etc/udev/rules.d/
sudo reboot

Vstuart
Entering the last box of coding and received this error after entering the next to last line of code.
But the data is now being transmitted an no reboot was needed.

Thanks for your help!!

;pi@raspberrypi: ~pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo cp ./rtl-sdr/rtl-sdr.rules etc/udev/rules.d cp: cannot create regular file `etc/udev/rules.d’: No such file or directory 0;pi@raspberrypi: ~pi@raspberrypi ~ $

Glad it’s fixed jpdies. That error is probably because you missed the initial and final backslashes in /etc/udev/rules.d/

Thanks, it worked for me!!!

I just redid my RPi using the Flightaware image on my SD card. old image had too many other programs running which was using too much CPU. Restarted Pi with new card and Flightaware is not seeing data yet (been about 45 minutes) but is does see my eth0 address b8:27:eb:6c:3d:2c any thoughts?
Thanks
Jim Dies

please disregard previous post I am checking other network problems
sorry for wasting your time

Looks like it’s up now.