Distribution Compass Chart too Dim

Is anyone else having problems reading the Distribution Chart on their stats page? This is the one that shows the direction/distance of aircraft seen.
My colors are so washed out as to be almost unreadable. I have to stick my head down on the desk and look up at the monitor at an angle to barely see the colors. The bar charts below it is fine.

I can adjust the screen gamma to make it more readable but it looks pretty ugly for real work.

A second PC/monitor is no any better so I’m thinking I messed a setting somewhere or that’s just the way it is.

This is a FlightAware ploy to sell more antennas on Amazon. The reds are easier to see. They want you to have more reds in your compass display.

Ok, seriously now. I have found the colors difficult to resolve since I started following my page. Hovering the mouse over a segment will sometimes shows data that can barely be noticed by the light color wedge.

My guess is they need to move from the pastel colors to something a little more bold.
Thanks.

The more you receive in an area the bolder the colors will be. If it’s that light then you are hardly picking up any planes. What is your current position count per day?

It seems to be a relative color scale, so if you have a particularly busy sector it can wash out all the others, regardless of the absolute numbers.
For example, my busiest sector has >32k positions and is deep red. I have another sector with 1100 positions which is basically invisible.

The more you receive in an area the bolder the colors will be. If it’s that light then you are hardly picking up any planes. What is your current position count per day?

My busiest sector can top out around 3500 reports in 24 hours and it is a deep red. The rest are washed out because the reporting is far less. That’s a function of the number of aircraft. Hawaii only gets about 300 flights a day from the mainland, Japan, Korea, etc. There are hundreds a day intra-island and military but they aren’t showing up. (Not using ADS-B?)

It’s not going to get much higher given the number of seats the airlines are trying to cap. For someone seeing 100k a day the system works well. For the majority that don’t, it’s not working.