Couple of things to look at with next release of PiAware...

Hi,
There may be tweaks that can be done currently for these…
On the web interface, is there a way of locking the zoom and position, given the range of coverage being displayed is only around 400km there is little value in being able to zoom all the way out to the world view, also lock the area of view down as there is little point looking much outside of coverage area (and I have fun with my Apple Magic mouse randomly scrolling around the map and zooming in and out).

Also on the web interface is there a way of customising the columns in the table to the right to display some of the data shown in the full table such as aircraft type, I have looked at the code but it is not obvious to me how to do that.

One last thing from the department of strange bugs, I have installed xRDP on my Pi so I can leave logging sessions running (Any SSH session I run to the command line from another machine has the nasty habit of disconnecting from time to time), this is the only additional software I have installed apart from updating the package list, however it seems after doing this my Pi does not survive a reboot. I have not looked at the local console when this happens as the Pi is nowhere near a screen and I just reimage the SD card again to get back up and going.

No idea about xrdp but the traditional way is to run your longrunning stuff within a “screen” session

That sounds like a better idea! Will check that out…

I would vote against this, unless, perhaps, if it’s limited to a mouse or trackpad action. But I don’t think the current implementation knows the method of zooming. How about just stop zooming when you don’t want to zoom anymore? Some of us do want to look around a bit, particularly now that nexrad is available.

also lock the area of view down as there is little point looking much outside of coverage area (and I have fun with my Apple Magic mouse randomly scrolling around the map and zooming in and out).

How about disabling zoom by mouse and restrict it to using the +/- buttons? But that’s probably a function of the map API rather than the web software. I bet there’s a way to tweak the API to do this.

Also on the web interface is there a way of customising the columns in the table to the right to display some of the data shown in the full table such as aircraft type, I have looked at the code but it is not obvious to me how to do that.

That would be nice. One field I’d like to see is RSSI. Fortunately, we have the full table, which gets me what I need.

Does anyone else get a corrupted display sometimes when zooming with a mouse? Large aircraft icons all facing North?

Yes but only when scrolling with mouse wheel, it is quite strange! Appears that the scaling is all the same too hence large icons.