Could this new "unclaimed" in my area be my missing stats?

So about this time last week the stats for the site I administer (Site 8359 - KGBG) dropped by about half. Oddly, around the same time an unclaimed site (Site 9541 - KGBG) right next to me popped up with about the same stats that I’m missing.

Is it possible this unclaimed site could be stats somehow “leaking” from my site?

It looks like a legitimate separate site (different IP, MAC, system info, etc)

hmmmm… well, so much for that theory. Thanks for checking, obj!

Well, my stats and range have really tanked since updating to 2.0.3 - nothing else in my setup has changed. Any other thoughts?

Also, how do I tell what exact version of piaware I’m running, stats page only shows 2.0 - I thought I updated to 2.0.4, but now I can’t tell.

Thanks & sorry for the noob question.

There was a faup1090 change which is likely to reduce your reported coverage / position rate if you are using faup1090. This is a data quality change, not a real reduction in range; the “missing” position reports were actually useless (they were reports where the position data was very stale, but faup1090 heard a non-position message which triggered the report - happens commonly on the edge of the receiver range)

Also, how do I tell what exact version of piaware I’m running, stats page only shows 2.0 - I thought I updated to 2.0.4, but now I can’t tell.

piaware -v. But the stats page should tell you the exact version now (at least, if you’re restarted piaware in the last couple of weeks)

Okay, that make sense now… thank you for explaining that to me!

Got it… will reboot the system now.

Thanks so much, obj!