Control Panel Not Working

I have not been able to get control panel to do any of the commands for a few days now.
Any Ideas ???.

We’re looking into it now, thanks!

Fixed, I think.

And… Yikes! Here’s how it happened: We upgraded the piaware backend software to support multiple backend servers and along the way had to extend the signaling service that the control panel relies on for triggering actions in the backend process handling your connection to know which backend server your piaware is logged in to.

We tested it and it worked. But our testing didn’t uncover the problem because in the process of testing we got test piawares to log in a bunch of times. Fine. It turned out, though, that sites where piaware stayed logged in across the time when we installed the new software, the system never made the association between their session and the backend they were connected to, because piaware logging in is how the association is established!

I manually triggered the function that signals the backend using your mac address and it seems to have worked. I apologize for this problem. We should have noticed the sharp decline in backend signaling that was going on.

Thanks for trying to sort out the problem but still no joy here or with close by piaware user m1epz.
Cannot update, reboot, halt device or any commands in control panel.

OK, sorry, looking further.

We’ve determined there’s a webserver-side problem as well as the resolved backend problem. The people who can best fix it will be on it tomorrow. I expect we’ll have it done by 0000Z on the 2nd.

It looks like its now working.
I have managed to do updates and reboots.
Many thanks to FlightAware Staff for the prompt help.

Steve

Thanks for the report, Steve. There was more than one problem. It’s always harder when there’s more than one problem.

There is still a bug where updating through the web interface works if you have multiple sites but doesn’t work, at least for some people, if you have a single site. A fix will go live today at ~4 PM CDT (2100Z).