Community input needed for comparative antenna testing

I’m running comparative ADS-B antenna testing against a FlightAware antenna, with four Pis and four SMArts. I’d value some community input what antena types to test, so far I have a week’s work ahead, I’m looking at: 1/4, 1/2, 5/8, full and 1.5 wave in monopole, dipole, ground plane aka spider, cantenna and cantenna with different diameter cans, 4, 8, and 12 element CoCo, Franklin, and then some. Let me know if there’s a design to be tested which you wanna see included or excluded.
As far as i know such a test has never been done before under real-life conditions, and I might be missing something.
Thanks,

Akos
Www.radioforeveryone.com

Nothing to add. Looking forward to your results.

Good luck …

J-Pole Collinear

post201964.html#p201964

Already a big list.
Go ahead and post results.
Community will ask you for testing some more antenna types as you proceed.
Great project, thanks.

Akos, love your blog :mrgreen:

May be worth-while to plug in the “stock” DVB-T antenna that comes with the “Blues” as well since many probably have that laying around for comparison purposes. It’d make for a good low-dollar baseline in the least.

Great idea! Will do it again, stock vs stock cut to 67 vs best performer at the end of test.

Already done based on wavelength, see here

radioforeveryone.com/p/compa … ennas.html

Will be interesting to see what improvement you get with 10 minutes of work and coax.

Keep ideas coming!!!

You’re comparing commercial antennas with hand made telescopic ones, there’s no guarantee they are matched

A proper comparison would require the SWR of each antenna