Boeing 747 timelapse video

The Boeing 747 has always been my favourite aircraft. I wanted to get an idea of how much 747 traffic there still is flying around and so I created a timelapse video which you can see by clicking here.

I hope you find this interesting. I did.

Keith.

1 Like

The approach into London is really interesting. They all seem to do the downward spiral relatively close to the airport instead of a gradual decent. I’m not sure if I’ve ever really seen this in the US before.

Wow, great! Very interesting.

The video at the end shows
G6NHU / qso365.co.uk
Are these your call sign / web site?

Edit: visited above web site, and saw photo of your spider, uptronic preamp and gmap.

Yup, you got it. That’s my callsign and web site :slight_smile:

London Heathrow is really busy and only has two runways, one is usually used just for landings, the other for departures.

It is not unusual for there to be up to four stacks of planes spiraling down to land, ATC calling a plane off each stack in turn.

The big problem is that Heathrow really needs either replacing or one or two extra runways

• a third runway has been approved to the north of the airport, this will require the demolition of two villages as well as the new British Airways HQ, there is much opposition!

It would be nice to move the airport maybe 20 miles north of where it is now, but doing so would still require a lot of disruption to a lot of voters (England is about the size of Conneticut with 1/5th of the population of the USA)

What would be interesting is a 24h video of planes coming to LHR

I could easily do it for traffic in and out of LHR but I’m not really located close enough for that - I’m around 60 miles away so really at that distance I won’t see any traffic below 5000ft.

Two years later, I made a new one that’s here.

2 Likes