Auto update?

Does the auto update function work with Piaware 3? I have had that set up since I went live a week ago but it still shows 3.1.0 SD card. Does that never change when the updates like 3.3.0 roll out?

Auto upgrades to 3.3.0 aren’t happening yet, we usually let the changes bake for a while first.

A very wise practice… I’m running 3.3 on a test box, and all seems well.
But I’m a trusting soul, which is why it’s on a test box, and one I have good backups for as well.

Thank you, Oliver, for all your hard work on this!

bob k6rtm

I have autoupdates disabled.
Manually ran upgrade and restart piaware on rpi b+, rpi 2 (wheezy), 2rpi 3 (jessie). Longest part was apt-get update, apt-get upgrade, backup image.
Only wrinkle was the ppup1090 got a bit confused; it thought it was running, but planeplotter server disagreed. Service restart got them both happy. Now if I could get ppup1090 to autostart on boot…

Thank you Oliver

Half an hour ago, from my FA stats page, gave the command “upgrade all debian packages” to Pi2 running piaware 3.1.0 (SD card).

Now it is showing piaware 3.3.0 (SD card), and apparently running smoothly. Will watch it for next few days. Will also try ssh and gmap from desktop when I am at home.