ADSBReciever image broken - cant update to PiAware 3.x?

Morning all,

Slight hiccup…

Have been running ADSBReceiver image successfully for many months - thanks JP! :slight_smile: .
However, with pA 3.x now out, thought i’d rerun the ADSBReceiver scripts to update to pA 3.x …

As warned here…

adsbreceiver.net/forums/top … rsion-3-1/

That didnt work, tried to install 2.x over the existing, same 2.x.

Then I purged the pA altogether, and tried again…

The install routine through an error, looking at the detail, seems it couldnt find the pA repo, so I guess that’s moved?

I now have no pA period…

No issue - I appreciate maintaining an image is time consuming and not guarenteed - but what can I do from here?

C

Output…

"

Press enter to continue…Preparing the piaware_builder Git repository…

Entering the piaware_builder git repository directory…
Updating the local piaware_builder git repository…

You are not currently on a branch. Please specify which
branch you want to merge with. See git-pull(1) for details.

git pull <remote> <branch>

Building and installing the PiAware package…

Executing the PiAware build script…

Retrieving 6a883f428912357c252654cb811499e58db87d3a from github.com/flightaware/piaware.git
6a883f4 jessie’s c_rehash doesn’t like multiple certificates per file, split them out.
Retrieving 460debe4d350f06f9c7e54e5400992cac4f1d328 from github.com/flightaware/tcllauncher.git
460debe Update README.md
Retrieving faup1090-2.1-5 from github.com/mutability/dump1090.git
497f88f Don’t match faup1090 tags when generating a version string from git tags.
Retrieving v0.2.4 from github.com/mutability/mlat-client.git
f68b8e3 v0.2.4
Ok, package is ready to be built in ./package
run ‘dpkg-buildpackage -b’ there (or move it to a Pi and do so there, or use pbuilder, etc)

Entering the PiAware build directory…
/home/pi/adsb-receiver/bash/feeders/piaware.sh: line 122: cd: /home/pi/adsb-receiver/build/piaware_builder/package-jessie: No such file or directory
Building the PiAware package…

tail: cannot open ‘debian/changelog’ for reading: No such file or directory
dpkg-buildpackage: error: tail of debian/changelog gave error exit status 1

Installing the PiAware package…

dpkg: error processing archive /home/pi/adsb-receiver/build/piaware_builder/piaware_.deb (–install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
/home/pi/adsb-receiver/build/piaware_builder/piaware_
.deb

Checking that the piaware package was installed properly…

INSTALLATION HALTED!
UNABLE TO INSTALL A REQUIRED PACKAGE.
SETUP HAS BEEN TERMINATED!

The package “piaware” could not be installed.

PiAware setup halted.

"

OK, used the “package based installation” instructions from pA… pA instance reports as being 3.x as hoped.

However, accessing the ADSBReceiver web UI shows the live map etc broken - no live tracking etc.

As feared, I guess the standalone install of pA doesnt integrate with ADSBR as it expects…

Will try and re-install the other aspects of ADSBR (everything except pA) and see if that fixes it…

Hmmmk… looks like the Performance Graphs in ADSBR may be working - I’ll let it run to get better granularity and confirm.

That said, live maps arent showing any birds, I believe that may be a change in dump1090-mut , I do recall there was some discussion re mapping services etc some time back, but I didnt take note as I wasnt looking to upgrade at the time…?