Acarsdec error install

Hi to all, i try to install an run acarsdec on rpi 2 and rpi3 but , when i run command make i get a error and cant proced to installation, any help are welcome.

pi@raspberrypi ~/acars/acarsdec-3.2 $ make
cc -Ofast -msse2 -funroll-loops -pthread -D WITH_RTL -D WITH_ALSA -c -o acarsdec.o acarsdec.c
cc1: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-msse2’
: recipe for target ‘acarsdec.o’ failed
make: *** [acarsdec.o] Error 1

Hi to all, i have solved the problem, for others maybe have the some problem here is the solution:

open the Makefile with nano editor and edit the first lines on the file

CFLAGS= -Ofast -mfpu=neon-vfpv4 -funroll-loops -pthread -D WITH_RTL -I.
LDLIBS= -lm -pthread -lrtlsdr

ALL other lines you can delete or just comment with #

save the file and run sudo make
and voila :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

cheers

I realize this is an old post, but I thought I’d add my resolution to this issue as well.

I just recently bought a few Raspberry PI 3’s for various projects, and one project was to decode Acars transmissions with my ezCap RTL2832U (E4000) RTL-SDR Dongle connected to a Discone antenna on a mast.

Here is what I did to get the software compiled and working. Keep in mind, these CFLAGS settings are ONLY for the RPI 3.

• sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev

• sudo apt-get install libasound2-dev

• git clone github.com/TLeconte/acarsdec.git

• cd acarsdec

• nano Makefile
    Add these lines:

CFLAGS= -Ofast -mfpu=neon-fp-armv8 -march=armv8-a+crc -mtune=cortex-a53 -mfloat-abi=hard -funsafe-math-optimizations -funroll-loops -pthread -D WITH_RTL -D WITH_ALSA
LDLIBS= -lm -pthread -lrtlsdr -lasound

Comment out (prepend with #) any other CFLAGS and LDLIBS lines. Save file (CTRL+X, Y, or CTRL+O, , CTRL+X)

• sudo make
    Wait for it to complete

• ./acarsdec -v -r 0 131.550

Since I live within 20 miles of two major airports and a few smaller ones, I’ve been getting consistent data from a variety of aircraft, many over 100 miles away.

I hope this information is useful to someone. Thanks jvcdcarlos for pointing me in the right direction.

-Trystian

2 Likes