3.5" touch screen with

I’m successfully running PiAware on Raspbian Linux 2.1-5 ZIP on my Pi 3. I’d love to add a 3.5" TFT Touch Screen …

Is there simple img file that contains both the PiAware code AND the necessary drivers for the screen?

Kind Regards

Hugh

There is no super simple way to get this to work unless you go with HDMI screens.
Usually you have to install the drivers with that come with the LCD screen and most LCD manufacturer have terrible documentation.
FlightAware also can’t support the many type of screen that are possible.

My suggestion is either to get one of the two types of screen:

1. HDMI screen or DSI screens usually work out of the box without needing to install extra drivers or settings.
    I recommend the “official raspberry pi display”.

2. LCD that use the SPI generic LCD drivers. The generic LCD drivers require a “device tree” file for setup.
    This .dt file is usually included with the LCD screen you buy.

Older versions of Raspbian (Wheezy or earlier) do not include the generic LCD driver. If are running wheezy I suggest you stay away from SPI LCD display.
Recent version of Raspbian (Jessie) include the generic LCD driver installed with many device tree files for common LCD screens. If your LCD isn’t included you can just copy the .dt file over.

Older PiAware images (version 2.x) are running Wheezy.
PiAware 3.0+ images are running on Jessie.

Might want to visit www.adafruit.com and see what they have available. They also have a lot of tutorials on getting displays interfaced with raspi’s.

Working! Next step is to add PiAware …

OSOYOO who make the LCD screen have an image specific to their display. It’s very impressive but very power sensitive:

osoyoo.com/driver/rpiscreen.php

Only some USB ports/hubs/Power Supplies will drive the combined system - and it will only work with some USB to uUSB cables!

This probably explains why the RPi cannot drive my ProStick too. It does now!

Thanks for everyone’s advice and interest. If I could post a picture I would!

Kind Regards

Hugh