2 piawares on same network only one shows

I have two piaware setups installed at my house on the same router. 192.168.1.2 is recognised by the FlightAware My ADS-B page but 192.168.1.13 isn’t. Not sure why it’s not showing. I’ve tried to claim it but I must be doing something wrong. They’re both using piaware 3.0.3 images.

Have you tried to claim the second one?
flightaware.com/adsb/piaware/claim

What do the logs say?
/var/log/messages
/var/log/piaware.log
etc

I see this when I use the claim url

Linked PiAware Receivers (bradhawthorne)

Great news! Your account is associated with the following PiAware receivers and you can view your statistics here:

00:0e:ba:01:81:ad: PiAware (SD Card) 3.0 added Friday, September 9, 2016 (68.102.36.249 / 192.168.1.13)
attic (b8:27:eb:b5:c7:44): PiAware (SD Card) 3.0 added Sunday, June 28, 2015 (68.102.36.249 / 192.168.1.2)

At issue, I go to My ADS-B page and it only shows me 192.168.1.2 options, not 192.168.1.13. No options to access or configure 192.168.1.13 from the My ADS-B page. Same in both Chrome and Edge browsers.

How do I access the logs?

ssh to the device to look at the logs.
Once it is associated with your account, you can look at some logs on your FA Webpage.

Have you tried to restart the new box? Sometimes it helps.

I never have connected a keyboard, mouse and display to my piaware hardware. Just been using them headless. I connected to it with keyboard, mouse and display and logged in then enabled mlat and now it’s showing up correctly. Looks like it’s working now. At issue, it didn’t register without logging into it and configuring it a bit. Shouldn’t the piaware be properly configured by default? Either way, it’s working now.

You can access them remotely using an ssh client. No need for a KB and Monitor.
Basically it is an encrypted telnet session (although you can do a bit more, like file transfers).
google ssh client. I use putty at home (it is free).
There are other clients that do the same thing.

You should not have to log in / configure the image for it to register, but you didn’t say what you actually changed so I am going to assume it was just that you hadn’t restarted piaware after claiming the receiver.

I had restarted it several times. Apparently it was showing unclaimed at the wrong nearest airport assumed by it. Selecting the claim url on my regular computer did nothing in the way of adding the site number as a selectable button tab on the My ADS-B page until I plugged a keyboard, mouse and display to it, logged in and then piaware-configured the three mlat commands. Then it magically showed up as a tab button on the page.

I chalk this up to counter-intuitive instructions on how to get up and running on a second piaware in headless mode on the same network. Obviously I didn’t do something right and the instructions were not apparent. Either way, simply plugging in a second piaware site on the same network did not result in it working by default in my particular case.

There is nothing special about having 2 piawares on the same network.

You should not have to configure anything on the piaware side for mlat. What were the things you configured and where did you see something indicating you needed to do that, so we can fix those instructions. If you merely reconfigured things without a restart then piaware wouldn’t have seen the new config anyway so I think it is just coincidence that the site appeared at about the same time.

The claim process alone does not make sites appear on your stats page. Feeding traffic is what matters. It can take a couple of hours to appear sometimes.